In all of our lives we all have ups and downs and some may have more than others. I know in my short life there has been a lot.
My mother, being single & with two kids, our family had to struggle from time to time. We were fortunate enough to have help around us to fall back on. I have always been taught by my mother to give back whenever I had a chance and I have done so through my career.
Myself and the staff at Randaddy’s have been trying to think of a way we and others around us are able to give back to the local community and came up with a Man Vs Spaghetti challenge for the Midwest Simon community.
The Mid West Simon Community assists people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, in the Mid West counties of Limerick, Clare and North Tipperary.
They are actively developing services in Clare in the areas of advice, advocacy and solutions for people who find themselves under pressure to find deposits for rented accommodation.
Their regional services include:
• Simon Housing- moving people out of homelessness into independent living
• Long term supported accommodation
• Tenancy sustainment
• Outreach Services
• Appropriate tailored support provided by Housing Support Officers.
• Housing Advice & Advocacy Service
• Simon Shop & Coffee Dock
• Service user participation programme
• School and College awareness raising presentations
• Third level student placements
• Part Time Volunteer programme
• Campaigns, advocacy and social policy
We here at Randaddys thought it was the perfect charity that we could link up with and have come up with the Man V’s Spaghetti Competition on August 18th.
We would love everyone to get involved as its for a great cause.
For more information or to sign up just log onto our website here
See you all at Randaddys on August 18th for this great cause!